Effective Jan 1, 2009, the New Mexico Board of Nursing will no longer issue hard copy licenses or duplicate licenses. Licensure, including renewal, can be verified by using our on-line License/Certificate Lookup. (Choose "License/Certificate Lookup" from the top menu item on this page called "License/Certificate Lookup.")
The New Mexico State Board of Nursing’s on-line verification is a service provided to licensees, employers and the public. Information is updated daily (every 24 hours).
This website can be considered primary source for this information. Do not accept a copy of the license as a reliable verification that the person is licensed.
Results from the License/Certificate Lookup will display the following information:
- Name of the Licensee or Certificate holder.
- Type of License or Certificate. R= RN; L=LPN; H= Hemodialysis Technician; C=Medication Aide
- License or Certificate number.
- Original Issue Date of License or Certificate.
- Disciplinary Actions taken by the Board of Nursing. PLEASE NOTE: If no discipline action is listed on the website, then there is NO discipline against this license. Disciplinary action taken can be obtained by written request.
- The status of the license or certificate including whether the individual has multi-state privileges. Multi-state privileges means the nurse can work in any compact state using their New Mexico license.
- Advanced Practice (CRNA, NP, CNS) Status
- Prescriptive Authority Status for CNS